1. Don’t be late for a date. Make sure you leave early enough to deal with traffic delays or other things that could delay you. Being late shows that you don’t respect the other person’s time and sets the date off on the wrong foot.
2. Don’t chase someone. Don’t phone, text or email them more than once a day unless you are in a conversation with them and they are replying. Being desperate is a huge turn off.
3. Don’t date people who you think will use
you. If you have money, don’t tell the other person. If a man comes on too strong for sex early on, shut him down and move on. You want someone who wants you for you, not what you can do for them or give them. Once they get what they want, they’ll move on to their next target.
4. Don’t lie to your date. Don’t over exaggerate your income, education or what you do. These lies will eventually come out and then you will appear as a dishonest
5. Don’t come on too strong. If you are anxious to get married right away, that’s okay. However, constantly talking about serious commitment issues such as marriage and children on a first date can
scare your date away.
6. Don’t sit around and wait for his or her
call. Stay busy. There is nothing more
pathetic than someone who immediately
drops their life or routine for someone they
just met. Your goal is to have a fulfilled life
that another person can add to.
7. Don’t get drunk or use drugs on your date.
What kind of an impression are you making
if you are incoherent when you first meet?
Your date will think you are like that with all
8. Don’t flirt with others while on a date. This may seem like common sense but nothing will end your date faster than you hitting on your date’s friend.
9. Don’t have sex with someone until you have dated a while. A while does not mean 1 or 2 dates. If it was meant to be, it will be and part of the fun of dating is the thrill of the chase.
10. Don’t give out too much personal information on a first date. Keep your home address and telephone number confidential until you get to know your date better and make sure you always meet in a public place.